Stop! Haiku Time!  

Posted by doug

Ode to an Iphone:

Oh, IPhone! I want you
Not to have sex with, per se
But to have and hold
Also, apropos nothing, I start my new job today. So, to the two people who read this blog, specifically my wife and mom, wish me luck!

Finally, I have to confess that when people give me directions anywhere, I will pretend that I'm paying attention and then just Mapquest it later. It's nothing personal against your direction-giving skillz -- but try as you might, you cannot conjure satellite images overlaid with my route out of your ass. Or maybe you can, in which case a trip to the doctor is in order. Or not. That could be the beginnings of an awesome superpower.

This entry was posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 at Monday, June 18, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 rabid fans

I am giving you "the look"... you know, the one with the raised eyebrows and the tucked chin that says "Mmmhmm, so THIS is what you were doing whilst I ran around getting children ready and forgetting the milk for the baby and therefore have to run home in the middle of my day to rectify." Cheating on me with a phone that isn't even out yet. Hmph.

And all you millions of other rabid fans? I just got an email telling me that afore mentioned blogger is "having a blast" at the new job. Um, I think that is a crime or something. Because it is supposed to be called "work", right? Not Having-A-Blast-For-8-Hours.

Yes, I am jealous. While I like my job, I have probably never classified it as a "blast."

June 18, 2007 at 12:17:00 PM CST

I just wanted to point out that said Misty saw a commercial for the IPhone and said that it would okay to cheat on her with it.

June 25, 2007 at 7:31:00 AM CST

a multi touch screen
iPhone we lust after you
jealous wives hurumph

June 26, 2007 at 7:53:00 PM CST

I linked your haiku
on our haiku blog. iPhone
desire runs rampant.

http://haiku-gesundheit.blogspot.com/

June 27, 2007 at 6:28:00 AM CST
Anonymous  

Is it bad that my wife (also named Misty, appropriately enough) wants an iPhone even more than I do?

June 27, 2007 at 9:18:00 AM CST

Post a Comment