She's like so whatever  

Posted by doug

Lawmakers need to realize that we elected them (or simply failed to vote for their competitor) to get things done. Important things. The economy? Please. Terrorism? Come on now.

There is something going on so insidious, so widespread and yet under the radar, that you will not find a single CNN or Fox News story on it. Yet it affects tens of people. Simply put, there are people all over this great country getting made fun of for liking crappy songs.

My name is Doug, and I kinda like that "Girlfriend" song by Avril Lavigne. There, I said it. I'm loud, not exactly proud, but there you have it. And yet, were I to start a job interview with that, I would most likely NOT get the job! That's discrimination, clear and simple.

HR Resolution 567:

"Be it hereby resolved that it's okay if one should want to sing along in the car to Avril Lavigne or even that "Everytime we touch" song by Cascada. One shall not be called a 'nerd', 'teenage girl' (unless one is actually a teenage girl, both chronologically and biologically), or given a purple nurple. I'm looking at you, perceptions of presumed male behavior enforced by societal dictates. Need I remind you of your attendance at the September 23, 1991, New Kids on the Block: Hangin' Tough Tour? I know you still have that t-shirt in your closet. How do we know? It's called the CIA, suckah.

Also, it is hereby resolved that Democrats rule and Republicans drool. Eat it, Boehner."


Do something about this, Reps, or else we'll be singing, "Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your Representative. No way, No way, I think you need a new one."1

1: More than likely, we will not be singing that. It's copyrighted or something, and besides, we'll look like total geeks.

This entry was posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 at Monday, June 11, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 rabid fans

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

"perceptions of presumed male behavior enforced by societal dictates"

Sing it, baby! Feminists are so freaking sexy.

June 12, 2007 at 11:03:00 AM CST

Post a Comment