On dreams, and why we shouldn't have them...  

Posted by doug

Have you ever dreamed of something, and thought, "Well, one day I'll do that, and it'll be awesome." Well, don't do it. You'll just get disappointed.

I went up to the roof of my 10 story office building yesterday to eat lunch. I thought it would be profound, standing against the ledge and watching the scenery while I serenely ate my hot pocket. And it would have been awesome, but there were wasps everywhere for some reason. I hate wasps, and all flying stinging creatures, because when I was in the 5th grade I stumbled upon a underground nest of hornets who chased me about a mile before giving up and going home to watch "Friends" or whatever the hell stinging creatures do when they're not stinging me. Ever since then, I've been very leery of these creatures. I even have a gut reaction against bees, even though I know they are extremely important to.. uh.. well, eating. So the wasps made me nervous and I couldn't enjoy myself and I eventually left and then I went back to my office and sat down to write some run-on sentences.

I'd rather go back to thinking that eating lunch on the roof is awesome.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at Tuesday, November 06, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 rabid fans

We could get you some wasp spray, you know.

November 6, 2007 at 12:49:00 PM CST

Post a Comment